ORS 419B.135
Transfer of case; transportation of child or ward

If the child or ward who is the subject of the proceeding is, at the time of a transfer or temporary transfer provided for in ORS 419B.127 (Transfer to court of county of child or ward’s residence), 419B.130 (Delegation of jurisdiction by county of residence) and 419B.132 (Delegation of jurisdiction among county juvenile courts), in shelter care or for other reason needs transportation to the other county, the county in which the child or ward resides shall make such order or provision for the transportation and safekeeping of the child or ward as is appropriate in the circumstances, including an order directing any peace officer of the county in which the child or ward resides to transfer the child or ward in the manner directed. [1993 c.33 §60; 2003 c.396 §39]
§§ 419B.500 to 419B.524

Notes of Decisions

Under Former Similar Statutes

Due process does not require the appointment of “independent counsel” to represent the child in every adoption or termination of parental rights proceeding. F. v. C., 24 Or App 601, 547 P2d 175 (1976)

When second termination of parental rights proceeding was not itself barred, proof was not limited by res judicata or collateral estoppel principles to facts or evidence which was not considered in or which came in to being after first proceeding. State ex rel Juvenile Dept. v. Newman, 49 Or App 221, 619 P2d 901 (1980), Sup Ct review denied

Chapter 419B

Notes of Decisions

Due process rights of parents are always implicated in construction and application of provisions of this chapter. Department of Human Services v. J.R.F., 351 Or 570, 273 P3d 87 (2012)

Last accessed
May. 15, 2020