OAR 309-120-0270
Handling of Inmate Money and Personal Property


When an inmate is transferred to a state mental hospital, the Department of Corrections shall send a check for the balance of the inmate’s account to the business office of the state mental hospital.


The inmate’s personal property will be transferred from the Department of Corrections facility in accordance with standards and limitations set by the state mental hospital to which the inmate is transferred.


When the inmate is returned to a Department of Corrections facility, the inmate’s money and personal property, as allowed by the Department of Corrections Rules for Personal Property (Inmate) (OAR 291-117) and Trust Accounts (Inmate) (OAR 291-158), will be returned with the inmate. All property not allowed under the Department of Corrections rules for Personal Property (Inmate) shall be handled, controlled and disposed of in accordance with Oregon Health Authority rules (309-108-0000 (Purpose and Statutory Authority) through 309-108-0020 (Notice to Patients, Residents, and Employees)).

Source: Rule 309-120-0270 — Handling of Inmate Money and Personal Property, https://secure.­sos.­state.­or.­us/oard/view.­action?ruleNumber=309-120-0270.

Last Updated

Jun. 8, 2021

Rule 309-120-0270’s source at or​.us