OAR 330-170-0020

For the purposes of OAR chapter 330, division 170 the definitions in ORS 315.141 (Biomass production or collection) apply and in addition the following definitions shall apply:


“Applicant” means an individual or a legal entity (including but not limited to any domestic or foreign corporation, trust, partnership, cooperative, or limited liability company), but does not include a nonprofit organization or a government entity, applying for the tax credit under ORS 315.141 (Biomass production or collection) and 469B.403 (Biomass).


“Certificate” means a document issued by the department representing the right to claim a tax credit described in ORS 315.141 (Biomass production or collection) for the amount described on the certificate.


“Charcoal” means biomass produced into a densified, carbon rich product used in filters, as an absorbent, soil amendment, or a fuel marketed for cooking purposes and not including biofuels produced by torrefaction.


“Department” means the Oregon Department of Energy.


“Director” means the Director of the department.


“Dry ton” means the amount of biomass that would weigh 2,000 pounds at zero percent moisture content.


“Firewood” as used in this rule means whole or split pieces of wood that are in a form commonly used for burning in campfires, stoves, or fireplaces.


“Manure” means feces and urine of domestic livestock as excreted.


“Oil Seed Crops” means canola, camelina, soybean, sunflower, safflower, mustard, and flaxseed grown for use as a biofuels feedstock.


“Rendering Offal” means the waste or by-products of a rendering process.


“Slash” means material from trees and woody plants, including limbs, tops, needles, leaves and other woody parts, grown in a forest, woodland, farm, rangeland or wildland-urban interface environment and collected at the harvest site.


“Used Cooking Oil” means waste vegetable oil from food preparation.


“Vegetative Biomass from Agricultural Crops” means residual material derived from crop production and crops grown solely to be used for energy, but does not include food processing residuals.


“Virgin Oil” means un-used oil that has been extracted from an agricultural crop.


“Waste Grease” means waste vegetable oil, animal fat, or organic grease from food preparation that is recovered from a grease trap, grease interceptor, grease recovery or similar device.


“Wastewater Biosolids” means solids derived from primary, secondary, or advanced treatment of domestic wastewater which have been treated through one or more controlled processes that significantly reduce pathogens and reduce volatile solids or chemically stabilize solids to the extent that they do not attract vectors. This term refers to domestic wastewater treatment facility solids that have undergone adequate treatment to permit their land application. This term has the same meaning as the term “sludge” in ORS 468B.095 (Use of sludge on agricultural, horticultural or silvicultural land).


“Yard Debris” is defined in ORS 459.005 (Definitions for ORS 459.005 to 459.437, 459.705 to 459.790 and 459A.005 to 459A.665)(31).
Last Updated

Jun. 8, 2021

Rule 330-170-0020’s source at or​.us