Oregon Department of Human Services, Self-Sufficiency Programs

Rule Rule 461-115-0150
Offices Where Clients Apply


For all programs, applicants must apply at the branch office (see OAR 461-001-0000 (Definitions for Chapter 461)) serving the area in which they live or work. Applicants temporarily in another area of the state should apply at the branch office serving that area. Applicants may also apply at other locations for the following programs:


Homeless clients may apply with a Community Action Agency for the Housing Stabilization program.


Applicants may apply for health coverage by:


Calling the OHP Customer Service toll-free number;


Applying through the OregonHealthCare.gov online portal;


Contacting a trained community partner who can help an applicant complete an application; or


Contacting a federally qualified health center, a qualified hospital, a disproportionate-share hospital, or another entity authorized by rule.


The Department has designated liaison branch offices for some groups of applicants (such as patients in state medical institutions). Those applicants must apply at the designated liaison branch office.


SNAP applicants may apply at an office of the Social Security Administration if all members of the filing group (see OAR 461-110-0370 (Filing Group; SNAP)) are applying for or are receiving SSI, and the filing group has not applied for or received SNAP benefits during the previous 30 days.

Last accessed
Jun. 8, 2021