OAR 603-060-0030
Growers and Dealers: Licensing


No person may act as a grower or a dealer unless he or she is licensed with the department. Persons selling cultivated ginseng to dealers and/or out-of-state or foreign buyers must license as growers. Persons growing ginseng solely for personal use, direct retail sales within Oregon, direct sales to retail outlets within the State, or direct sales to in-state processors making derivatives or extracts do not need to obtain a growers license. Any person who acts as both a grower and a dealer shall be licensed as both a grower and a dealer.


Licenses shall be renewed annually on a form provided by the department. Licenses expire on April 30th of each year. A grower shall pay to the department an annual license fee of $25. A dealer shall pay an annual license fee of $25. The department shall assign a license number to each person licensed under this subsection.


Paragraph (1) of this section does not apply to a grower who sells or ships only live immature cultivated ginseng plants for propagation (not consumption). A nursery license is required for this activity if sales exceed the limit prescribed in the nursery law, ORS 571.057 (License application) and associated rule, OAR 603-054-0016 (License Fees: Growers and Collectors). Growing and/or selling ginseng seed does not require a nursery license or a ginseng grower’s license.

Source: Rule 603-060-0030 — Growers and Dealers: Licensing, https://secure.­sos.­state.­or.­us/oard/view.­action?ruleNumber=603-060-0030.

Last Updated

Jun. 8, 2021

Rule 603-060-0030’s source at or​.us