OAR 731-090-0070
RUC Payer: Refunds for Out of State Mileage/Non-Public Road Mileage

(1) Any RUC Payer who has been assessed Road Usage Charges for miles operated off of public roads, or roads outside of Oregon may request a refund from the Department on a form prescribed by the Department. The Department will determine, on a case by case basis, what travel is eligible for refund.
(2) The refund request must be postmarked no later than 15 months after the date on which the RUC Payer pays the Road Usage Charge for which a refund is claimed.
(3) Refund requests must be accompanied by information acceptable to the Department to support the refund claim. Acceptable information may include, but is not limited to, odometer readings, vehicle trip records indicating out-of-state or non-public road usage of the vehicle, and other documentation supporting a claim. RUC Payers that do not maintain and report this information will not be entitled to a refund.
(4) RUC Payers may use daily metered use and location data, as captured by the Mileage Reporting Option, to support their refund claim, only if the Mileage Reporting Option has the capability to differentiate between public and non-public road usage and out of state miles, to a degree acceptable to the Department, and the RUC Payer has requested in writing that the RUC Payer’s Account Manager maintain this data beyond the timeframes established in ORS 319.915 (Confidentiality of personally identifiable information used for reporting and collecting road usage charge).
(5) Refund checks will be issued by the Department in January for refunds requested during the previous calendar year.

Source: Rule 731-090-0070 — RUC Payer: Refunds for Out of State Mileage/Non-Public Road Mileage, https://secure.­sos.­state.­or.­us/oard/view.­action?ruleNumber=731-090-0070.

Last Updated

Jun. 8, 2021

Rule 731-090-0070’s source at or​.us