Appeals in Criminal Actions

ORS 157.010
Appeal to circuit court from justice court

In a criminal action in a justice court, except where the judgment is given on a plea of guilty, an appeal may be taken from a judgment of conviction to the circuit court for the county in which the judgment is given, as prescribed in this chapter, and not otherwise. [Amended by 1985 c.342 §12; 1995 c.658 §87]

Notes of Decisions

The circuit court lacked jurisdiction to insure a writ of review concerning district court order denying defendant's motion for leave to withdraw his guilty plea in a criminal proceeding. Humphreys v. State of Oregon, 19 Or App 630, 528 P2d 1094 (1974)


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021