Miscellaneous Benefits for Veterans and Service Personnel

ORS 408.420
Recording discharge papers

Each county clerk shall maintain in the office a special book in which the county clerk shall, upon request, record the final discharge of any veteran. A recording fee may not be collected when the veteran requesting the record is an actual resident of the county or was a resident at the time of entrance into the service of the United States. In all other cases a legal fee shall be charged. There shall be kept in connection with the record an alphabetical index referring to the name of the veteran whose name appears in each discharge paper so recorded. Books that are necessary for the recording of the discharge papers shall be paid for by the several counties in the manner provided for paying other claims against the county. [Amended by 2009 c.500 §§2,2a]


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021