ORS 463.035
Promoter license required

  • fees
  • rules
  • corporate surety bond


Intentionally left blank —Ed.


A person may not act as a promoter of unarmed combat sports or entertainment wrestling until the person has been licensed pursuant to this chapter.


A person who intends to act as a promoter for entertainment wrestling events and for unarmed combat sports events shall apply for separate licensure for each type of event.


Application for a promoter’s license must be made upon a form provided by the Superintendent of State Police. The form must specify whether the application is for a license as a promoter of entertainment wrestling events or for a license as a promoter of unarmed combat sports events.


Before a license is issued to any promoter of unarmed combat sports or entertainment wrestling, the applicant for licensure must:


Pay the annual license fee established by the superintendent by rule; and


File with the superintendent a corporate surety bond issued by a company authorized to do business in this state drawn in an amount acceptable to the superintendent and the release of which is conditioned upon:


Timely payment of all taxes and civil penalties due the state or its political subdivisions;


Payment to the state or a political subdivision of the state that establishes liability against a promoter for damages, penalties or expenses arising from promotional activity;


Payment of the purses of the entertainment wrestlers or unarmed combat sports competitors;


Payment of reimbursement to the superintendent of the cost of approval of an event canceled by the promoter without good cause; and


Payment of compensation to inspectors, referees, timekeepers, judges and event medical personnel.


In addition to the requirements specified in subsection (3) of this section, prior to being issued a license to promote entertainment wrestling, an applicant must provide an affidavit to the superintendent stating that the health and safety of the participants is the responsibility of the promoter.


If the circumstances of an event to be promoted so require, the superintendent may increase the required amount of the corporate surety bond previously filed with the superintendent in compliance with this section.


The superintendent may accept a cash deposit or the assignment of a savings account in lieu of the corporate surety bond required by this section.


A person under 18 years of age may not be issued a license to act as a promoter. [1987 c.789 §§12,16; 1987 c.788 §8; 1991 c.211 §3; 1993 c.742 §§122,122a; 1993 c.744 §§209b,209c; 2003 c.142 §2; 2007 c.585 §4; 2017 c.235 §5]

Source: Section 463.035 — Promoter license required; fees; rules; corporate surety bond, https://www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/bills_laws/ors/ors463.­html.

Green check means up to date. Up to date