OAR 141-125-0180
Insurance and Bond


The Department, in the exercise of its reasonable discretion, may require the holder of a special use authorization to obtain insurance in a specified amount if the use, in the opinion of the Department, constitutes a risk to public safety, or to the State of Oregon.


The Department may request that the applicant for, or the holder of a special use authorization provide information concerning the use of the area to the Risk Management Division of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services, which may assist the Department in determining the appropriate amount of insurance coverage based on the nature of the use.


The Department may, at its discretion, require that the holder of a special use authorization obtain a surety or bid bond in an amount specified by the Department (or a cash deposit in an amount equal to the surety bond and which names the State of Oregon as co-owner) to ensure that they will perform in accordance with all terms and conditions of an authorization.
Last Updated

Jun. 8, 2021

Rule 141-125-0180’s source at or​.us