OAR 690-250-0160
Collections Authority


The Water Resources Department has collection authority through the provisions of ORS 540.080 (Assistant watermasters), 540.100 (Division of water among users) to 540.135 (Disposition of funds collected under ORS 540.100 to 540.130 and 540.220), 540.220 (Payment of assistant watermaster) to 540.260 (Lien for wages and expense), and 540.410 (Delivery of reservoir water).


The Director may bill for services where authorized by statute. With the exception of ORS 540.410 (Delivery of reservoir water) any billable activity shall be paid in advance by the user before services are rendered.


When the demand for services exceeds the personnel available to provide the services requested, and county funds do not provide the funding for the assistant watermasters, the appropriators demanding the service may pay the assistant’s compensation and expenses. If the users requesting the service pay the compensation and expenses of an assistant watermaster, payment shall be in advance, based on an estimation of the compensation and expenses. If funding is provided, the services may be continued as long as the funding covers the earned compensation and expenses. If no funding is provided, the services requested may be provided by the watermaster or assistant watermaster as time is available.


Upon a written request for the watermaster to distribute water on a private water delivery system, the watermaster shall prepare an estimate for expenses and compensation to do the distribution. The Director shall require the appropriators requesting the distribution to pay in advance the estimated compensation and expenses. It shall be the responsibility of the appropriators requesting the distribution to proportion the compensation and expenses, as described in ORS 540.100 (Division of water among users), to the users of the water delivery system.

Source: Rule 690-250-0160 — Collections Authority, https://secure.­sos.­state.­or.­us/oard/view.­action?ruleNumber=690-250-0160.

Last Updated

Jun. 8, 2021

Rule 690-250-0160’s source at or​.us