ORS 14.110
When place of trial may be changed


The court or judge thereof may change the place of trial, on the motion of either party to an action or suit, when it appears from the affidavit of such party that the motion is not made for the purpose of delay and:


That the action or suit has not been commenced in the proper county;


That the judge is a party to, or directly interested in the event of the action or suit, or connected by consanguinity or affinity within the third degree, with the adverse party or those for whom the adverse party prosecutes or defends;


That the convenience of witnesses and the parties would be promoted by such change; or


In an action, that the judge or the inhabitants of the county are so prejudiced against the party making the motion that the party cannot expect an impartial trial before the judge or in the county, as the case may be.


When the moving party in an action is a nonresident of the county, the affidavit required under this section may be made by anyone on behalf of the moving party. [Amended by 2003 c.14 §15]

Source: Section 14.110 — When place of trial may be changed, https://www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/bills_laws/ors/ors014.­html.

Notes of Decisions

Contract provision limiting venue is enforceable if there is no evidence that provision is unfair or enforcement would be unreasonable. Furtick v. Abraham, 54 Or App 652, 635 P2d 1063 (1981), Sup Ct review denied

Nothing in this section suggests that motion to change venue tolls other statutory deadlines and, accordingly, 60-day deadline to file anti-SLAPP motion to strike under ORS 31.152 was not tolled while motion to change venue was pending; thus, defendants’ special motion to strike under ORS 31.150 was untimely when motion was filed more than 60 days after date of service C.I.C.S. Employment Services v. Newport Newspapers, 291 Or App 316, 420 P3d 684 (2018)

Green check means up to date. Up to date