ORS 419B.130
Delegation of jurisdiction by county of residence

When a juvenile court proceeding is pending in a county other than the county in which the child resides and the case is transferable under ORS 419B.124 (Transfer to juvenile court from another court) or 419B.127 (Transfer to court of county of child or ward’s residence), the juvenile court of the county in which the child resides may authorize the court in which the case is pending to proceed with the case in either of the following ways when it will facilitate disposition of the case without adverse effect on the interests of the child:


The court may hear, determine and dispose of the case in its entirety; or


The court may, prior to transferring the case:


Conduct a hearing into the facts alleged to bring the child within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court;


Determine the facts;


Enter an order including the court’s findings; and


Notify the juvenile court of the county in which the child resides. [1993 c.33 §58; 2017 c.252 §18]
§§ 419B.500 to 419B.524

Notes of Decisions

Under Former Similar Statutes

Due process does not require the appointment of “independent counsel” to represent the child in every adoption or termination of parental rights proceeding. F. v. C., 24 Or App 601, 547 P2d 175 (1976)

When second termination of parental rights proceeding was not itself barred, proof was not limited by res judicata or collateral estoppel principles to facts or evidence which was not considered in or which came in to being after first proceeding. State ex rel Juvenile Dept. v. Newman, 49 Or App 221, 619 P2d 901 (1980), Sup Ct review denied

Chapter 419B

Notes of Decisions

Due process rights of parents are always implicated in construction and application of provisions of this chapter. Department of Human Services v. J.R.F., 351 Or 570, 273 P3d 87 (2012)

Last accessed
May. 15, 2020