OAR 603-058-0270
Referee Samples May Be Taken


The Department may be called upon to collect samples of commercial or custom feeds to resolve issues between animal feeders and feed suppliers. Either party may contact the Department and request a referee sample to be taken.


A department representative will take the sample and provide a representative split of it to each party. The sample will be submitted to the lab designated by the department for tests designated by the animal feeder. The department will pay the testing costs.


Unofficial samples submitted by the animal feeder may be accepted as a referee sample at the department’s discretion. This should only be done when time is of the essence or travel time is cost prohibitive.


Lab results of referee samples will be provided to both parties. Results are not to be released as public records.

Source: Rule 603-058-0270 — Referee Samples May Be Taken, https://secure.­sos.­state.­or.­us/oard/view.­action?ruleNumber=603-058-0270.

Last Updated

Jun. 8, 2021

Rule 603-058-0270’s source at or​.us