Administration of State Institutions

ORS 179.660
Guardian or conservator for estate of person in institution

If the Department of Corrections or the Oregon Health Authority believes a person at one of its state institutions needs a guardian or conservator, or both, and one has not been appointed, the agency may request that the district attorney institute proper proceedings for this appointment in the court having probate jurisdiction. The county of which the person is a resident, or was a resident at the time of admittance, shall be the basis for determining the appropriate district attorney to be contacted. [1959 c.652 §6; 1973 c.823 §124; 1989 c.348 §6; 2001 c.487 §6; 2009 c.595 §152; 2013 c.36 §62]


Last accessed
Mar. 11, 2023