ORS 249.180
Withdrawal of candidacy by nominee

Any person who has been nominated at a primary election, or any person who has been nominated to fill a vacancy as provided in ORS 188.120 (Filling vacancy in election or office of United States Representative or Senator) or 249.190 (Filling vacancy in nomination of major party) and 249.200 (Nomination by major party to fill vacancy in partisan office), may withdraw from nomination by filing a written statement declining the nomination and stating the reason for withdrawal. The statement shall be signed by the candidate and filed not later than the 67th day before the general election with the officer with whom the candidate’s declaration of candidacy or nominating petition was filed. [Formerly 249.680; 1985 c.471 §6; 1987 c.267 §21; 1995 c.712 §30; 1999 c.318 §3]
(Filling Vacancy in Nomination or Office)

See annotations under ORS 249.680 in permanent edition.


Last accessed
Mar. 11, 2023