ORS 249.830
Procedure for withdrawing nomination


A person who has been nominated and has accepted the nomination under ORS 249.712 (Acceptance of nomination) may withdraw from the nomination by filing with the officer with whom the certificate of nomination was filed a written statement declining the nomination and stating the reason for withdrawal.


The statement must be:


Signed by the person withdrawing from the nomination; and


Filed not later than the 67th day before the general election.


The statement may be sent to the Secretary of State through a county clerk, as provided by ORS 249.850 (Filing of certificate to fill vacancy in nomination). [Amended by 1957 c.608 §117; 1967 c.86 §1; 1979 c.190 §133; 2007 c.155 §6]


Last accessed
Mar. 11, 2023