Special Proceedings and Procedures

ORS 33.410

  • grounds

Application for change of name of a person may be heard and determined by the probate court or, if the circuit court is not the probate court, the circuit court if its jurisdiction has been extended to include this section pursuant to ORS 3.275 (Procedure for transfer of jurisdiction over certain family-related matters) of the county in which the person resides. The change of name shall be granted by the court unless the court finds that the change is not consistent with the public interest. [Amended by 1967 c.534 §11; 1975 c.733 §1]

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Entering new, judicially changed name of nominee on general election ballot, (1972) Vol 36, p 45; changing name in public records, (1977) Vol 38, p 945


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021