Career and Technical Education

ORS 344.070
Revolving accounts for federally sponsored education or training

  • rules


The Oregon Department of Administrative Services may draw warrants upon any state fund to which federal funds for training or education have been credited, in payment of vouchers approved by the Superintendent of Public Instruction or the Director of the Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development pursuant to rules of the Higher Education Coordinating Commission, in favor of school districts, education service districts and community college districts, for such sums, not exceeding $100,000 for a single district in the aggregate, as the commission, by rule, shall determine. The warrants, upon delivery to the districts, shall constitute advances from state funds to enable the districts more readily to effectuate the purposes set forth in any federal law or regulation pertaining to career and technical education or other education or training sponsored by the federal government.


The districts to which moneys are advanced shall be responsible for the full repayment to the state of all sums advanced. The advances are not within any limitation upon indebtedness prescribed by law for districts. The moneys advanced to districts may not exceed in the aggregate the moneys to the credit of the state fund from which they are paid, and shall constitute advances to the recipient district in anticipation of verified vouchers to be supplied therefor. The advances are to be used as revolving funds for the payment of the costs of career and technical education programs, including but not limited to job training, skill development and academic programs offered by youth job development organizations as defined in ORS 344.415 (Definitions for ORS 344.415 to 344.425). The advances shall be made only in those cases in which the federal government defrays all or part of the cost of such programs. [Amended by 1965 c.100 §435; 1965 c.102 §1; 1983 c.740 §109; 1989 c.491 §48; 1993 c.45 §244; 2009 c.94 §18; 2013 c.131 §5; 2013 c.747 §76; 2015 c.366 §81]


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021