Public Assistance and Medical Assistance

ORS 411.970
When bilingual services required


As used in this section:


“Non-English-speaking household” means a household that does not have an adult member who is fluent in English.


“Written materials” includes all forms, notices and other documents that the Department of Human Services or the Oregon Health Authority provides to any English-speaking client for the establishment, maintenance and explanation of eligibility for public assistance or medical assistance.


If a Department of Human Services local office has a caseload that consists of 35 or more non-English-speaking households that share the same language, the department shall provide at the local office written materials in that language and access to a bilingual assistance worker or caseworker who is fluent in both that language and English.


The Personnel Division of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall recruit qualified individuals and shall maintain lists of such individuals for purposes of meeting the requirements of this section. [Formerly 411.062; 2013 c.688 §65]


Last accessed
Mar. 11, 2023