Public Lands Advisory Committee
(1)In exercising its real property management and transaction functions the Department must receive advice from the (PLAC).
(2) The PLAC consists of seven members appointed by the Governor according to ORS 270.120 (Advisory committee).
(3) The PLAC meets quarterly or as often as the majority of its members determine. The Department may request that the PLAC meet for the purpose of considering real property transactions, evaluating reports to the legislature, or reviewing status reports of the State Land Inventory System.
(4) The PLAC may request that the Department and other Agencies controlling State Real Property Interests update the PLAC on their individual land inventories and processes for evaluating whether property is needed to support an Agency’s mission.
(5) PLAC regular meetings are held in Salem. The Division, unless otherwise arranged by PLAC, will determine the meeting location. The Division will:
(a) Schedule and announce meeting dates and times;
(b) Prepare and distribute meeting agendas;
(c) Arrange times for Agency presentations;
(d) Review and edit Agency material prior to meetings;
(e) Coordinate with Agencies in response to information requests from PLAC; and
(f) Prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
(6) PLAC members may attend meetings via teleconference, videoconference, or other available technology.
(7) PLAC meetings will include an opportunity for public comment on any matter before the PLAC.
(8) The PLAC is advisory to the Department and is not a Governing Body as defined in ORS 192.610 (Definitions for ORS 192.610 to 192.690). Meetings of the PLAC are treated as public meetings and follow the notification and other procedures described in the Attorneys General Public Records and Meetings Manual.
(9) Members of the PLAC who are not members of the Legislative Assembly are entitled to compensation and expense reimbursement under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) payable from Department funds. Members of the PLAC who are members of the Legislative Assembly are reimbursed for expenses as provided in ORS 171.072 (Salary of members and presiding officers), payable from funds appropriated to the Legislative Assembly. Expenses of the PLAC are paid from Department funds and must be recovered from Agencies as provided in OAR 125-045-0270 (State Land Inventory System Costs).