Corporations for Irrigation, Drainage, Water Supply or Flood Control

ORS 554.020
Articles of incorporation

  • filing


One or more natural persons of the age of 18 or more, a domestic or foreign corporation, a partnership or an association, by submitting articles of incorporation to the Office of the Secretary of State for filing, may act as incorporators of a corporation for one or more of the following purposes:


Irrigating or draining land.


Furnishing land with water for domestic use.


Protecting land by flood control.


Taking ownership of and operating existing sanitary sewer facilities when water for domestic use is supplied pursuant to paragraph (b) of this subsection.


The incorporators shall file a true copy of the articles of incorporation in the county clerk’s office of the county where the land incorporated is situated.


The requirements for filing a document under ORS 554.005 (Filing requirements) apply to articles of incorporation. [Amended by 1971 c.200 §8; 1987 c.94 §145; 1987 c.579 §1; 2013 c.284 §1]
Chapter 554

Notes of Decisions

Water improvement district formed under this chapter is unit of government for purposes of filing suit under ORS 305.583, but is not "governmental unit" within meaning of section 11b, Article XI of Oregon Constitution. Comeaux v. Water Wonderland Improvement Dist., 12 OTR 132 (1992), aff'd 315 Or 562, 847 P2d 841 (1993)

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Authority of State Land Board to enter into nonprofit water supply district corporation, (1978) Vol 38, p 2199


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021