Insurance Producers

ORS 744.323
Life settlement brokers


A person shall not act as a life settlement broker unless the person holds a license of life settlement broker issued by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.


A life insurance producer who has been duly licensed as a resident insurance producer with a life line of authority in this state or the producer’s home state for at least one year and is licensed as a nonresident producer in this state meets the licensing requirements of this section and is permitted to operate as a life settlement broker in this state.


A life settlement broker may use the term “viatical settlement broker” to describe the business transacted under the license and may use the term “viatical settlement contract” instead of “life settlement contract.” [1995 c.342 §4; 2009 c.711 §4]


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021