Insurance Producers

ORS 744.324
Life settlement investment agents

A person shall not operate as a life settlement investment agent unless the person holds a license of life settlement investment agent issued by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services or the person has obtained the appropriate license from the equivalent chief insurance regulatory official of the state of residence of the life settlement purchaser whom the agent is negotiating with on behalf of a life settlement provider. If there is more than one purchaser of a single policy and the purchasers are residents of different states, the life settlement investment agent must be licensed by the state in which the purchaser having the largest percentage ownership resides or, if the purchasers hold equal ownership, the state of residence of one purchaser agreed upon in writing by all purchasers. [2009 c.711 §5]


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021