Administration of Estates Generally

ORS 114.335
Court order for sale, mortgage or lease

Upon proof satisfactory to the court by an interested person that a sale, mortgage or lease of property of the estate is required for paying support of spouse and children, elective share of surviving spouse, claims or expenses of administration, or for distribution, and that the personal representative has failed or declined to act, the court may order the personal representative to make the sale, mortgage or lease. [1969 c.591 §130]
§§ 114.255 to 114.435

Notes of Decisions

Where ORS 30.070 grants personal representative "full power" to settle wrongful death claim with approval of probate court and does not require notice to beneficiaries or grant them right to intervene in proceeding to approve settlement but only to be heard as matter of right regarding allocation of proceeds, if personal representative breached fiduciary duty, beneficiaries have remedy under ORS 114.395 and 114.405. Hughes v. White, 41 Or App 439, 599 P2d 1147 (1979), aff'd 289 Or 13, 609 P2d 365 (1980)


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021