(1) “Accreditation” means a comprehensive evaluation process in which a health care organization’s systems, processes and performance are examined by an impartial external organization (accrediting entity) to ensure that it is conducting business in a manner that meets predetermined criteria and is consistent with national standards.
(2) “Advisory Group” means the Common Credentialing Advisory Group.
(3) “Authority” means the Oregon Health Authority.
(4) “Board” means a health care regulatory board or other agency that authorizes individuals to practice a profession in Oregon related to providing health care services for which the individual must be credentialed.
(5) “Common control or ownership” means two or more organizations are owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by the same ultimate person. For the purposes of this definition, “owned or controlled” means majority owned or majority controlled or as otherwise allowed pursuant to OAR 409-045-0050 (Credentialing Organization Participation).
(6) “Credentialing” means a standardized process of inquiry undertaken by credentialing organizations to validate specific information that confirms a health care practitioner’s identity, background, education, competency, and qualifications related to a specific set of established standards or criteria.
(7) “Credentialing information” has the meaning given that term in ORS 441.224 (Definitions for ORS 441.224 to 441.233).
(8) “Credentialing organization” has the meaning given that term in ORS 441.224 (Definitions for ORS 441.224 to 441.233). This includes, but is not limited to the following:
(a) Ambulatory surgical centers;
(b) Coordinated care organizations;
(c) Dental plan issuers;
(d) Health plan issuers;
(f) Independent practice associations as defined in ORS 743B.001 (Definitions); and
(g) Other organizations that are required to credential health care practitioners.
(9) “Delegated credentialing agreement” means a written agreement between credentialing organizations that delegates the responsibility to perform specific activities related to the credentialing and recredentialing of health care practitioners. For telemedicine credentialing, delegated credentialing agreement has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(10) “Designee” means an individual or entity that a health care practitioner designates to assist in completing requirements set forth in OAR 409-045-0055 (Health Care Practitioner Participation).
(11) “Director” means the director of the Oregon Health Authority.
(12) “Distant-site hospital” means the hospital where a telemedicine provider, at the time the telemedicine provider is providing telemedicine services, is practicing as an employee or under contract.
(13) “Health care facility” has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(14) “Health care practitioner” has the meaning given that term in ORS 441.224 (Definitions for ORS 441.224 to 441.233). This may include, but is not limited to individuals licensed as:
(c) Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists;
(d) Chiropractic Physicians;
(e) Clinical Nurse Specialists;
(f) Doctors of Dental Medicine;
(g) Doctors of Dental Surgery;
(h) Doctors of Medicine;
(i) Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine;
(j) Doctors of Podiatric Medicine;
(k) Licensed Clinical Social Workers;
(L) Licensed Dietitians;
(m) Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists;
(n) Licensed Massage Therapists;
(o) Licensed Professional Counselors;
(p) Naturopathic Physicians;
(q) Nurse Practitioners;
(r) Occupational Therapists;
(t) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons;
(v) Physical Therapists;
(w) Physician Assistants;
(x) Psychologist Associates;
(z) Registered Nurse First Assistants; and
(aa) Speech-Language Pathologists.
(15) “Health Plan” means any organization that provides health coverage through a provider network, including but not limited to a health insurance issuer, coordinated care organization, self-insured health plan, third-party administrator, or worker’s compensation health plan.
(16) “Health services” has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(17) “Health system” means an organization that delivers health care through hospitals, facilities, clinics, medical groups, and other entities that are under common control or ownership.
(18) “Hospital” has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(19) “Integrated Delivery Network” means an organization that has common control or ownership of both a health system and health plan.
(20) “Mandated Program Start Date” means the date when practitioners and credentialing organizations are required to participate in the Oregon Common Credentialing Program.
(21) “Originating-site hospital” means a hospital in which a patient is located while receiving telemedicine services.
(22) “Primary source verification” means the verification of a health care practitioner’s reported qualifications from the original source.
(23) “Program” means the Oregon Common Credentialing Program.
(24) “System” means the Oregon Common Credentialing Program’s electronic system through which credentialing information and documentation may be submitted, managed, and accessed.
(25) “Telemedicine” has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
Rule 409-045-0025 — Definitions,