Oregon Water Resources Department

Rule Rule 690-086-0040
Definitions for Agricultural Water Suppliers

As used in OAR 690-086-0210 to 690-086-0270 (Agricultural Water Supply Element) and OAR 690-086-0900 (Water Management and Conservation Plan Review, Approval, and Enforcement) to 690-086-0920 (Enforcement):
(1) “Agricultural Water Supplier” means any public or private organization, including but not limited to an irrigation district formed under ORS Chapter 545 (Irrigation Districts), a drainage district formed under ORS Chapter 547 (Drainage Districts), a water improvement district formed under ORS Chapter 552 (Water Improvement Districts), a water control district formed under ORS Chapter 553 (Water Control Districts), a corporation organized under ORS Chapter 554 (Corporations for Irrigation, Drainage, Water Supply or Flood Control), an unincorporated private association or a ditch company, the primary purpose of which is to supply water to others for agricultural uses.
(2) “Agricultural Water Measurement” means using measuring devices, including but not limited to weirs, flumes, submerged orifices, gaging stations, and meters, to quantify the rate of flow and the volume of water in a water delivery system.
(3) “Water Allocation/Curtailment Element” means a program to equitably allocate, under existing priorities, a reduced water supply among the water right holders dependent on the supply in response to an emergency or other short-term shortage.

Last accessed
Jun. 8, 2021