Marital Dissolution, Annulment and Separation

ORS 107.159
Notice of change of residence


In any court order or judgment granting custody of a minor child and parenting time or visitation rights relating to the child, except for an order under ORS 107.700 (Short title) to 107.735 (Duties of State Court Administrator), the court shall include in its order a provision requiring that neither parent may move to a residence more than 60 miles further distant from the other parent without giving the other parent reasonable notice of the change of residence and providing a copy of such notice to the court.


Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, a parent is not required to give notice of a change of residence if the court, upon ex parte or other motion of the parent and for good cause, enters an order suspending the requirement. [1987 c.795 §4; 1997 c.707 §11; 2003 c.576 §113]
Chapter 107

Notes of Decisions

Trial court has authority to establish liquidated sum as amount owed by spouse under settlement agreement. Horner and Horner, 119 Or App 112, 849 P2d 560 (1993)

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Emergency or necessity as the only grounds for waiver of 90-day period, (1971) Vol 35, p 982

Law Review Citations

55 OLR 267-277 (1976); 27 WLR 51 (1991)


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021