Marital Dissolution, Annulment and Separation

ORS 107.615
Fees to support services

  • contracts for service
  • eligibility rules


The governing body of any county may impose a fee up to $10 above that prescribed in ORS 205.320 (Fees collected by county clerk) (1)(e) for issuing a marriage license or registering a Declaration of Domestic Partnership.


In addition to any other funds used therefor, the governing body shall use the proceeds from the fee increase authorized by this section to pay the expenses of conciliation services under ORS 107.510 (Definitions for ORS 107.510 to 107.610) to 107.610 (Qualifications of conciliation counselors) and mediation services under ORS 107.755 (Court-ordered mediation) to 107.795 (Availability of other remedies). If there are none in the county, the governing body may provide conciliation and mediation services through other county agencies or may contract with a public or private agency or person to provide conciliation and mediation services.


The governing body may establish rules of eligibility for conciliation services funded under this section so long as its rules do not conflict with rules of the court adopted under ORS 107.580 (Restriction of services).


Fees collected under this section shall be collected and deposited in the same manner as other county funds are collected and deposited but shall be maintained in a separate account to be used as provided in this section. [1977 c.489 §1; 1983 c.671 §7; 1991 c.230 §33; 2007 c.99 §12; 2015 c.27 §10]
Chapter 107

Notes of Decisions

Trial court has authority to establish liquidated sum as amount owed by spouse under settlement agreement. Horner and Horner, 119 Or App 112, 849 P2d 560 (1993)

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Emergency or necessity as the only grounds for waiver of 90-day period, (1971) Vol 35, p 982

Law Review Citations

55 OLR 267-277 (1976); 27 WLR 51 (1991)


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021