Insurance Policies Generally

ORS 742.510
Property damage coverage for damage to vehicle caused by uninsured vehicle


Every insurer issuing motor vehicle liability insurance policies on private passenger motor vehicles or on self-propelled mobile homes for delivery in this state shall have for sale coverage for property damage to a vehicle of the insured caused by an uninsured vehicle. Coverage offered under this section shall be at least the amount prescribed to meet the requirements of ORS 806.070 (Minimum payment schedule) for insurance for injury to or destruction of the property of others in any one accident.


A policy with the coverage described in this section does not cover the first $300 of property damage to the covered motor vehicle as the result of an accident with a hit-and-run vehicle or phantom vehicle. In all other cases the first $200 damage is not covered.


Coverage for property damage described in this section:


Applies only to the amount of damages the insured may be legally entitled to recover.


Does not include coverage for loss of use of the covered vehicle. [Formerly 743.797; 1991 c.768 §5]
Note: See note under 742.508 (Definitions for ORS 742.508 and 742.510).


Last accessed
Jun. 26, 2021