Support Enforcement

ORS 25.720
When support assignable


Except as provided in ORS 25.125 (Disposition of support obligation overpayments), 412.024 (Assignment of support rights), 418.032 (Department subrogated to right of support for certain children in department custody) or 419B.406 (Assignment of support order to state) or subsection (2) of this section, the right to receive child or spousal support payments under ORS 25.501 (Definitions for ORS 25) to 25.556 (Expeditious court hearings) and ORS chapters 107, 108, 109, 110, 419B and 419C is not assignable, and any transaction in violation of this section is void.


Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, the right to receive support payments is assignable as may be appropriate for the protection of a minor or other person for whom a fiduciary has been appointed under ORS chapter 125 or for whom a trust has been established.


A person may not solicit or accept the assignment of support rights under subsection (1) of this section. [1985 c.671 §52(1),(2),(3); 1993 c.33 §288; 1995 c.514 §12; 1995 c.608 §34; 1995 c.664 §75; 1997 c.385 §3; 2003 c.131 §1; 2019 c.13 §17; 2021 c.597 §55]


Last accessed
Mar. 11, 2023